42 YOGA by Suze Male
I believe yoga is key to mind and body wellness, allowing us to discover our true selves and connect to everyone else in a positive way. I discovered yoga’s power to provide a pervading sense of calm in life in 2000, but it was only when dealing with the death of my mum that it became more central to my life. A search for a healing retreat led to teacher training with iFlow Yoga. I have also completed 300-hour training at the Association for Yoga and Meditation in India. I have a passion for yoga as therapy and feel privileged to be a conduit for others to discover the life-enhancing and healing benefits of yoga. I really believe yoga should be accessible to everybody and every body. I love the healing aspects of yoga and the fact that it allows you to not just cope with, but “LEAP over the pitfalls of life”. Yoga needs to be experienced to fully understand its power.
I am committed to helping people find their yoga practice at 42 Yoga… especially if you are a beginner or have injury or illness.
I teach a mindful yoga flow class, yin yoga, and also a gentle yoga suitable for beginners. I give lots of options for different levels in all the classes. The classes focus on the breath and alignment, mindfulness and creating calm, with spiritual and personal growth themes. I’m on my own journey of discovery and learning things about myself and about life, and these discoveries spill over into the classes.
Why 42 Yoga?
For anyone curious, the name 42 Yoga is inspired by Douglas Adams and his book Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, where he declares that 42 is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. I’m a book lover and a lover of words. I have a writing background. I worked as a journalist for many years, more recently managed marketing and media for a regional library with 9 branches, and have even worked a stint in a bookstore. You may have experienced one of my book yoga sessions (Alice in Wonderland, Jane Austen, Hitchhiker’s Guide anyone?!) Don’t know what possesses me to combine yoga and books, but if you are one of the few people who have the same dual passions then you’ve come to the right place!
If you are interested in my writing and publishing endeavours, see the Smink Works site at www.sminkworks.com.
Hope to see you on the mat.
– Graduate 300-hour training, Association for Yoga and Meditation, Rishikesh India June 2018
– Graduate iFlow yoga 200 hours 2015
– Origins of Alignment 5-day intensive with Donna Farhi April 2016
– Workshop – Introduction to Trauma-Informed Teaching, August 2016
– Pregnancy & Yoga Teacher Training Workshop. Australian College of Classical Yoga. August 2016
– Rainbow Kids Yoga Teacher Training November 2016
– Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Peak Performance. Monash University through FutureLearn 2016
– Sister Science – Beyond Asana, Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy Foundational Course. YogaVeda. January 2017
– PRAXIS six-week yoga teacher tutorial program